Offices and day centers are at these locations:

1500 E. Eighth, Suite 201
Winfield, KS 67156


622 N. Haverhill Road
El Dorado, KS 67042


How do I get access to services for my child? 

The Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services has designated a Community Developmental Disability Organization for every area of the state to help coordinate services and supports for developmentally disabled people.

In other words, the CDDO serves as a gatekeeper organization that provides information and is the entry point for people seeking services in that area. You must go through a CDDO to receive services. CDDOs are responsible for determining whether a person qualifies for services, working with the person and/or their family or guardian in choosing from an array of service options, and referring those persons to other agencies if additional supports are needed.

In Cowley County, the CDDO is Cowley County CDDO Department, (620) 221-5404 in Winfield or (620) 441-4504 in Arkansas City.

Butler County’s CDDO is CDDO of Butler County, (316) 322-8777.

How will I pay for the services?

Funding for services and supports is channeled through Community Developmental Disability Organizations located throughout Kansas. Contact the CDDO in your county to find out if your family member meets eligibility requirements and if funds are currently available. If he or she is approved for funding, the CDDO will allocate the money to Creative Community Living if that is the provider you have chosen. If eligible, you may choose a case manager to help you through the process.

Here are the CDDOs to contact for more information:

How do I know high-quality services are being provided?

 Creative Community Living is one of the few agencies in Kansas with a separate department for quality assurance. The mission statement of CCL is far more than pretty words on paper. Our quality initiative includes drop-in visits by supervisory personnel 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

We provide continuous training of direct support professionals, continuous positive feedback to the many direct support professionals who routinely do outstanding work, and a system to measure the safety and quality of life for the people receiving services from CCL. The quality initiative looks at everything from how high the grass has grown to the texture of the food.

Ensuring the best possible quality of life for your loved one is why the quality assurance system exists.

Can I stay involved in my child’s life if he/she lives in a CCL residence?

Creative Community Living encourages family involvement. Visits may be made at any time. A case manager will invite you annually to help plan the services your child will receive and keep you updated on what is happening. A picnic is held each summer for clients and their families and staff members and their families.

Who is CCL’s executive director?

Linda Misasi, who has worked with people with developmental disabilities for many years, is the executive director.

She was employed as a psychologist and a qualified mental retardation professional at Winfield State Hospital and Training Center for 15 years. When the Kansas Legislature voted to close the state hospital, Misasi was the second person hired by the parent and guardian group that organized Creative Community Living.

For seven years, she supervised CCL’s support staff, which includes nursing, day services, case management and behavioral services personnel. The biggest part of her job was negotiating adequate funding.

In September 2003, Misasi was appointed acting executive director, and she became the executive director on Jan. 1, 2004. She maintains an active interest in all aspects of the organization.